Founders Hall is available for parish events of 100 people or less.
Priority use of the Founders Hall is given as follows:
- Parish events that are sponsored by the entire parish or one of its organizations (Women’s Club, Knights of Columbus, Senior Youth, etc.).
- Ecumenical and charitable events sponsored by the Pastor.
- Parishioner-sponsored events Hall is rented by a parishioner or group of parishioners. Requests to reserve either location can be made to Ellen Sullivan in the Parish Office (237-3428).
- Private parties such as anniversaries, birthdays, wedding receptions.
- Civic or community organization events sponsored by a parishioner who is a member of the organization and who will be in attendance and will accept responsibility for the rental and other established procedures. The organization must be from Georgetown County and must be charitable or non-profit. A parishioner cannot sponsor any political or for-profit events in the Founders Hal
Parishioners who rent the Founders Hall (100 people or less) for events outlined in #3 under Priority Use will pay the following fee:
Insurance is required by the Diocese. Further information is available in the Insurance section..
A deposit of $150 for Founders Hall are required when the event is approved by the PLC Oversight Committee. At that time, the parishioner will also sign a Rental Agreement. Remaining fees are due 15 days in advance of the event.
The hours of operation Founders Hall are:
7:00 am – 11:00 pm
7:00 am – 4:30 pm and 7:00 pm – 12:30 am
12:00 pm (noon) – 11:00 pm
(Exceptions allowed for parish breakfasts.)
If an event has to be cancelled, please notify the church office as soon as possible. Other groups may be on a waiting list to use the facilities.
The Parish Life Center kitchen is fully furnished with sophisticated equipment that can be used only by those parishioners trained in its use. To receive training, contact the church office. At least one parishioner who has been trained must be present in the kitchen for all events described above.
The following items will be available for events as described in #1 and #2 under Priority Use:rishioner-sponsored private events described in #3 above must provide their own dinnerware, flatware and glassware and can use the kitchen only for warming. The Events Coordinator or a parishioner who has been trained in the use of the kitchen must be present for any of these parishioner-sponsored events and should be paid $15 per hour for his/her services. Caterers are allowed and can be selected from the approved caterer list in the office. Caterers will be allowed to use the dishwasher. Please contact the office for a Catering Form
The Founders Hall has the a number of tables and chairs which can be used by for both parish events and parishioner-sponsored events:
The Events Coordinator will be responsible for set-up and tear-down of the tables and chairs in the Fellowship Hall. Organizations and parishioners should coordinate their needs with this person by calling the church office.
As in the past, committees and organizations are responsible for set-up and tear-down for events in Founders Hall.
South Carolina law determines how alcoholic beverages are allowed and served in the Fellowship Hall and Founders Hall. Alcoholic beverages are permitted at parish sponsored events, such as dinner-dances, and at parishioner-sponsored private functions with the permission of the Oversight Committee. At no time will alcohol use be permitted or tolerated when the Fellowship Hall is used as a gymnasium for sporting events.
The following rules shall apply when alcoholic beverages are being served:
- Alcohol cannot be sold and must be provided by the person or group responsible for the event.
- All servers of alcoholic beverages must be 21 years of age or older.
- Servers may not personally partake of any alcoholic beverage while serving others.
- Alcohol will not be served to anyone under the age of 21, to anyone who appears to be intoxicated, or to anyone who is knowingly providing drinks to underage persons.
- Anyone dispensing drinks should serve only one drink at a time.
We highly recommend that a professional bartender be used at all functions or parties where liquor is served, and the caterer’s liability must cover the bartender.
We also highly recommend that an off-duty Sheriff’s deputy be hired for all major functions. Off-duty deputies are available through the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office at a rate of $20 per hour.
The organization, group or parishioner using either the Fellowship Hall or Founders Hall is responsible for cleaning either facility and must leave it in the same condition as it was before the event. A pre- and post-event checklist will be used. Failure to clean the facility properly will result in the loss of all or part of the deposit, if required.
Any foods must be removed from the kitchen or the Halls at the end of the event. Any foods left will be disposed of the next day.
Trash should be bagged and put in the dumpster located outside the kitchen.
The Diocese of Charleston requires that an insurance policy be taken out for all non-church events such as parishioner-sponsored private parties and functions. The cost for this policy is $110 and is obtainable through the Diocese insurance company. A form is available through the church office. These must be completed, paid for and returned to the church office 30 days before the event.