The Prayer and Worship Ministry is composed of ten ministries, whose overall purpose is to enrich our Parish Celebrations of Faith and offer programs which will encourage a more active parishioner participation in our liturgical Services.
We plan and coordinate each liturgical celebration including prayer, liturgy, music, decorations, and support by these ministries. The ministries are:
- Altar Guild: Coordinate the sewing, cleaning, and pressing of all the altar linens and vestments.
- Altar Servers: Adult and Youth who assist the priest during Mass and other Liturgical celebrations.
- Choir: Cantors, Adult Choir, Children’s Choir who enhance Liturgical celebrations through music.
- Extraordinary Ministers of Communion: Assist the Priest with the distribution of the Body and Blood of Christ during Mass.
- Ministers of Care: who distribute the Body and Blood of Christ to the homebound and the Hospitalized.
- Greeters: Welcome all parishioners and guests as they arrive at weekend Mass and special events.
- Lectors: assist the Priest as ministers of the word. Sacristans: Oversee all the other ministries, during the Mass.
- Ushers: Will greet parishioners and guest as they enter the church, distribute bulletins, assist with seating, take up offertory gifts and maintain order.
- Decorations Committee: Responsible for coordinating flowers and other decorations to create a reverent and welcoming environment for meaningful worship.
There are over three hundred parishioners who actively participate in this support role.
You are invited to join us in any of the above ministries; it will be a rewarding experience and can renew the excitement of your participation in the liturgy.
If you have any questions please call the Parish Office at (843) 237-3428.
“For me, prayer is a surge of the heart; it is a simple look turned toward heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and joy.”
Prayer & Worship Opportunities
April 6, 2018 There will be a Divine Mercy Chaplet prayer service on Friday, April 6 at 3:00 PM in PBOC Church Chapel, during First Friday Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, hosted by…