Safe Environment Program at PBOC
Precious Blood is committed to ensuring a safe environment for our children and for upholding the “National Charter for the Protection of Children & Young People” as established by the United States Council of Catholic Bishops.
All adults who work with children must:
- Attend the “Protecting God’s Children” Program
- Be screened by Law Enforcement
- Adhere to the DOC Code of Conduct (copy available in the Gathering Space)
- Read and sign the DOC Sexual Abuse Policy and Procedures
For information on how to report an allegation of abuse, , go to http://www.catholic-doc.org and click on “Sexual Abuse Policies and Procedures” on the left side bar. Then click on “How to Report an Allegation of Sexual Misconduct by Church Personnel”.
Mandatory training for all church personnel and volunteers who have access to children, designed to help recognize and prevent the sexual abuse of children.
Promise to Protect
Reporting an allegation:
To make a formal allegation of sexual misconduct call the Office of the Vicar General at 843-853-2130 ext. 209
Send written allegations to:
Diocese of Charleston
Office of the Vicar General
P.O. Box 818
Charleston, SC 29402
The Victim Assistance Minister can assist individuals in presenting their allegations to the Office of the Vicar General. For assistance, contact the Victim Assistance Minister, Louisa Storen, LISW, at (843) 856-0748 or 1-800-921-8122 or by mailing her at:
119 Broad Street
Charleston, SC 29401
The Parish Safe Environment Coordinator is our Youth Minister, Elizabeth Wildes. You can contact her by calling the Parish Office or by email by clicking here. We encourage you to be aware of our parish program, feel free to suggest improvements and report any concerns you might have.
Pledge to Heal
Holy Spirit, comforter of hearts, heal your people’s wounds and transform our brokenness.
Grant us courage and wisdom, humility and grace, so that we may act with justice and find peace in you.
from a Prayer for Healing
Copyright © 2004,
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Individual spiritual direction under the guidance of approved, trained spiritual directors.
- Individual counseling, on a time-limited basis, that provides therapeutic support to complement other efforts toward healing and wholeness.
- Professional Resource Identification: assistance in one’s search for other professional resources that one’s individual circumstances require in their journey to wholeness.
…Parishes and Parish Staffs
To help bring spiritual and emotional healing to the parish family, the Victim Assistance Minister offers assistance, consultation and support to parish pastoral staffs and provides parish intervention. Parish intervention teams composed of trained personnel, psychologists, and other professionals are available to assist parish communities affected by an allegation or incident of abuse.