****** MARK YOUR CALENDAR *****
Special mass of Thanksgiving – Thursday Nov 26th 10 AM
Parish Penance Service Dec 17th at 6PM
Christmas Eve Masses – 4PM ( no Children’s pageant this year ) , 6PM, 9PM
Christmas Day Masses – 8AM & 10:30 AM
* The 4PM Christmas Eve & 10:30 AM Christmas Day Masses will be lived Streamed
It’s that time of year again !! We are blessed as a parish community to have Frank Johnson, WBTW Chief Meteorologist, take time to help us be well informed as we enter hurricane season – Post includes our yearly Hurricane video message from Frank.
2020 PBOC disaster Booklet on link below
Saturday 5PM – Sunday 8AM – 10:30 AM
June 6th – Confessions resume 4pm in the Church
( see guidelines below )
Update on COVID – 19 – Coronavirus
We will continue to update our congregation on local streaming here at PBOC –
Please join us every Sunday at 10:30 am for our weekend Liturgy
COVID-19 UPDATE: CHANGES AS OF 10-08-20
Daily and Weekend Masses have resumed with DHEC-driven and Parish-driven restrictions:
It is important to note that until further notice, no one has an obligation to attend Mass, and therefore no sin is committed by anyone who does not attend Mass in person.
Those who are at risk from the virus because of age or infirmity are asked not to attend Mass until this pandemic is over. Since you do not have to come, you should not come if you are over 65, have diabetes, have cardiac or respiratory disease, have a compromised immune system, or have any of the other risk factors identified by the CDC. Put most simply: do not come to Mass if you should not be in groups or even if you are just concerned about the risk of infection for any reason whatsoever.
Remember these important things if planning to attend Mass:
• 3 Masses each weekend at our regularly-scheduled times – 10:30 Mass will continue to be STREAMED.
• Doors of the church will open 30 minutes prior to Mass start time.
• Attendance in the sanctuary will be limited to 150.
• Lavatories will not be available for use.
• Attendees are required to wear a face mask – the parish will not have masks for distribution. Please note! Cover both nose and mouth.
• Ushers will seat you as you enter – to maximize seating capacity in the sanctuary.
• Use only front Narthex doors for entry and departure.
• Collection baskets will be available as you enter for placement of your weekly offertory.
• Communion will be distributed at the end of Mass. By hand is preferred—by tongue (by priest only) wait until last. You will then exit immediately following through the front church doors to avoid congregating in the narthex or in the front of the church.
• For those requiring Communion be brought to them in the pews, they will remain seated and Father or Deacon will administer to them at their pews.
• Private Confession has resumed at PBOC:
Held in the chapel with social distancing limits
Prepare confession at home and keep it brief
Do not sit in church pews before Confession
(disinfecting issue). Line up 6 ft apart in church
For counseling/issues make appointment with priest at another time outside of confession setting
Leave confessional space after absolution
Penance to be done at home
• There still will be no Communion Calls/Visits to hospitals, nursing homes, or private homes until further notice.
• The sole exception to the above policy is the celebration of the final sacraments for those in danger of death. If you need a priest for the Anointing of the Sick or Last Rites, please call our emergency line here at PBOC.
• Printed copies of the Sunday bulletin are available in the church narthex, and in a digital version on our website.
As we continue to expand use of our worship space, our Bishop has asked for us to help facilitate smaller parish ministries, by allowing them to meet.
After some additional discussions, I have come to a decision that we will continue limiting activities to groups no greater than 20 and have them meet in our church chapel. The church building is routinely sanitized and open during the day Mon.-Fri. from 8:00 AM –4:00 PM. and is also open on Saturdays for prayer and Confessions, beginning at 4:00PM.
We, also, will begin utilizing the Back Lobby Area in our Parish Life Center (PLC), which can be accessed from the outside entrance closest to the Bus. The reason for this decision continues to be the need to ensure disinfecting in used areas
NOTE: We will continue to keep the main part of our Parish life Center and Founders Hall closed for use, due to those same concerns regarding required disinfecting after exposure.
We have begun to reach out to some groups that we feel would fall within the parameters of small groups less than 20. If you have a question about whether a ministry you’re involved with could utilize the Chapel or PLC Lobby, please contact Ellen Sullivan in the Parish Office 843-237-3428, ext. 4 or email@example.com.
We are pleased to be moving forward as a community of prayer.