Updated resource: 5-1-20
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
On May 1, the bishops of the United States and Canada will consecrate our nations to Mary.
El 1 de mayo, los obispos de los Estados Unidos y Canadá consagrarán nuestras naciones a María.
The Diocese of Charleston will hold its consecration via livestream on Saturday, May 2, following the 8:30 a.m. Mass, which will be broadcast on the diocesan Facebook page at facebook.com/DioceseChas and youtube.com/DioceseChas.
Archbishop Jose H. Gomez of Los Angeles, president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, made the announcement that the U.S. will join the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops in consecrating the two countries to the care of the Blessed Mother under the title “Mary, Mother of the Church.”
Archbishop Gomez will lead the prayer May 1 at 3 p.m. (EDT) and has invited the bishops to join in from their respective dioceses and asked them to extend the invitation to the faithful in their dioceses for their participation. The livestream of Archbishop Gomez’s liturgy will be available on the USCCB’s website,
usccb.org/consecration and on the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ website,
I hope everyone will participate online and encourage your parishioners to join in also.
Please click the following links to view the Renewal of the Consecration of the United States of America to the Blessed Virgin Mary worship aid:
Worship aid in English
Ayuda de adoración en español
In these challenging times – Precious Blood wanted to send out a list of some resources that can be accessed from your homes:
Precious Blood will stream our Sunday Mass at 10:30 AM on our website www.pbocchurch.com and on our Facebook page.
Additional Streaming links for Masses and liturgies:
Saint Michaels Catholic church
• There will be a Mass live streamed daily (Monday-Friday) at 8 am. Weekend Masses will be streamed on Saturday at 4 pm, Sunday at 7 & 11 am and 1 pm in Spanish. We will also be streaming Stations of the Cross with Exposition and Benediction Tuesday through Friday at 6 pm. The live streaming of Masses is also available on our Facebook page and You Tube Channel (Saint Michael Catholic Church)
The Diocese of Charleston:
• will livestream Masses from the Chapel of the Holy Family at our Pastoral Center during the following days and times at facebook.com/DioceseChas and YouTube.com/DioceseChas:
• https://charlestondiocese.org/ – Diocese website
Other Catholic Resources:
Vatican YouTube channel:
FORMED : Find the tools and inspiration you need to GIVE your community the gift of FORMED,GUIDE them to engage with beautiful Catholic content, and GO out to form missionary disciples for Christ.
ONLINK BELOW – PARISH CODE IS RG38PD
Our Sunday Visitor :is a partner of Precious Blood that supplies are envelopes and other printed materials – they have shared some wonderful content with us :
OSV Coronavirus Response – Content for Diocese and parishes
• Prayer during an epidemic, written by Michael Heinlein (has reached more than 1 million people on social media)
• Our Sunday Visitor
o 35+ pieces of content on osvnews.com; more added every day
• Prepare to Lose by Lenny DeLorenzo
• A comprehensive list of changes to Mass schedules
• The Why and How of Making a Spiritual Communion
o From the Chapel, daily reflections on life and faith in a time of uncertainty by Scott Richert
• Simply Catholic https://www.simplycatholic.com/
o Michael Heinlein and Gretchen Crowe (editor OSV newsweekly) daily live Night Prayer at 9:30 p.m.
• Teaching Catholic Kids https://teachingcatholickids.com/
o Making downloads available on website (previously only offered in newsletter)
o Working on guide to Holy Week/Easter at home with your family
• The Priest/The Deacon – https://www.thepriest.com/ https://www.the-deacon.com/
o Father David Bonnar writing a regular blog on ThePriest.com from the perspective of a pastor
• Radiant https://radiantmagazine.com/
o Editor Ava Lalor doing more “live” events
EWTN (Vatican Time: http://www.thecatholictelegraph.com/covid-19-ewtn-holy-week-schedule/64851)